Last updated on 20/04/2016
Maps Plus Ltd. is dedicated to protecting your privacy no matter which of our services, apps, or websites you use.
If you’re looking for information relating to the Data Protection Act 1998, you might need to know that the data controller is Maps Plus Ltd., a company registered in Bulgaria with registered company number 203580731 whose registered office is located at Ground Floor, 11 Debar Street, Varna, 9000.
The types of information we might collect
The kind of data that we might collect and process from you includes:
- Details like your name, address, email address, telephone number, age, username, password, and other information you’ve supplied in order to register.
We might also process your financial and credit card information, as well as your personal description, details of your household or business, details of any pets you might have, and any additional information that you may choose to offer. We may also store information gleaned from any photographs that we take of your property, or that you supply.
The times where we might take and process your information could include:
- When you register and log in
- When you submit a quote or booking enquiry
- When you make a booking using our websites or apps
- When you provide information via our websites or apps, including when you fill in contact forms or enquiry forms
- When you subscribe to any newsletters
- When you complete a voluntary survey
- When you send us feedback or report an issue with any of our services
- When you reply to emails we’ve sent to you for marketing purposes
- When you speak to us by telephone, email, post, or the instant chat pop-up on our website or apps
- All customer reviews applied to business directories where our company is listed might be used in our website.
We also collect some information automatically when you visit our websites or use our apps. This can be: Technical information, including:
- The type of mobile device you use
- Mobile network information
- Your mobile Operating System
- Your type of mobile browser
- Your time zone setting
Information about your computer, including:
- Your IP address, where possible
- Your operating system and browser type – for system administration, and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about the browsing actions and patterns of all of our users, and does not identify you as an individual
Information regarding your use of our apps or your visits to our websites, including:
- Traffic data
- Location data, weblogs, and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise
- The resources that you access
When you use our apps we may also use your phone’s GPS or other location technology to determine where you are. This may happen when you use an app’s instant chat function, or book a service using an app. Some services where location is enabled will require your personal data in order to work. In this case, you’ll be notified and ask to confirm that we can use your data for this purpose. Navigate to the location settings on your device if you wish to opt out of this at any time. We sometimes receive information about you from third parties whom we work closely with, including business partners, technical sub-contractors, advertising networks, search information providers, credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies, debt collection agencies, and payment and delivery services.
The ways in which we might use your information
Here are the reasons we might use the information we’ve collected:
- To confirm or manage your booking, quote, or enquiry request, or to set up your service with your service provider
- To take care of any administration of your account
- To handle any requests you might have relating to our services, products, and information
- To complete the obligations we have in any contract we have with you
- To discuss any comments, feedback, complaints, or questions you might have about us or our services
- To tell you about changes to any of our services
- So you can utilise interactive features of our services
- To make sure that your device or computer can properly display the content of our websites and apps
- To supply any information that we feel might interest you relating to our goods and services. We supply this information by post, telephone, email, or SMS. In the case of SMS, we will only do so if:
- You have agreed to this
- If the service or product is related to a similar item you were engaged in the sale or negotiation of sale with us about, and you haven’t told us you don’t want to receive similar messages
- Or in circumstances where you have provided us with a company email address (or a similar circumstance where we can lawfully do so). Please contact us directly using the information at the foot of the page if you do not wish us to use your information in this way
The most likely use of your information will be to supply the service provider who will be delivering your services with all the details they need in order to complete your services properly. This information will probably include:
- Your name, address, and phone number, or other contact details
- Information regarding the services you require and your property, including any photographic information that you might have supplied
- The non-binding quote we have given you
- Your payment information
Some of the information we collect from you we use automatically, in order to:
- Troubleshoot, conduct data analysis, test, research, and for statistical and survey purposes on our websites and apps, and for internal operations
- Make sure that the content on our apps and websites is presented in the manner that’s best for you, and your computer or device
- Improve the efficiency and quality of our services and products
- Let you make use of the interactive features of our websites and apps when you want to
- Keep our websites and apps as safe and secure as possible
- Deliver relevant advertising to you, and to check that the existing advertising we do is effective
- Recommend or suggest services or goods that might interest you
The information that you give to us will be used in conjunction with the information we collect automatically, and the information we collect from other sources. The only ways in which we use this information are for the purposes described above.
Where your personal data is stored
We store all of your data on secure servers located in Bulgaria. The information on these servers is protected by a level of security commensurate with the importance of the data.
When you have chosen – or we have given you – a private password, you are responsible for keeping it secure and private. We strongly recommend not sharing your password with anyone.
We use PayPal and Stripe to process all payments made through our apps and websites. These third party payment processing services are encrypted using Secure Socket Layer technology. We do not store any credit card or debit card details in conjunction with your payment.
We will always do our best to protect your personal data, but any data transmitted using the internet cannot be completely secured. For this reason, any data you transmit to our apps or websites is sent at your own risk. As soon as we have accepted your information, we use the strictest security procedures in order to keep it safe.
Your information – disclosure
Any member of our group, which includes our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006, may have your personal data disclosed to them. There are also certain circumstances in which we might disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we are legally obliged to
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Maps Plus Ltd., our customers, and others – usually for the purposes of preventing fraud
- In the event that we sell or buy business assets we may disclose your information to the prospective seller or buyer
- In the event that Maps Plus Ltd. or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal data it holds will be one of the transferred assets
- To credit reference agencies or fraud prevention agencies in the event that you do not make payments that you owe regarding any services provided by your service provider. Or, similarly, to agencies responsible for tracing your whereabouts and recovering the debts. Information provided for these purposes may be shared with other agencies with a similar aim, or accessed by organisations in other jurisdictions
The rights you have
If you do not wish us to process your data for marketing purposes, you have the right to ask us not to do so. Before we collect data for this purpose we will usually inform you, but you can also exercise this right by getting in touch with us. You can find our contact information at the foot of the page. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access data held about you. You can exercise this right at any time by contacting us. If you request access we may charge you up to £10 in order to meet our costs in providing details regarding the information we hold about you.
Third-party websites and links to them
We occasionally have links to and from the websites of trusted partners and affiliates on our websites. If you follow these links, bear in mind that these websites will have their own privacy policies which we do not accept any responsibility or liability for. You should check these policies before you transmit any information to third-party websites. We would also always like to hear from you if you have any relevant feedback about third-party websites you’ve accessed via links on our websites.
How to contact us